Wednesday 24 February 2010

Much better today

I don't know why I tried doing some education with Wiyot on Monday, I knew I wasn't in the mood for it... feeling very touchy and a very short fuse, and it never helps to put him in the right mind for learning.

Anyway, yesterday went much better. He still struggled with "or" and "air" but grasped the sound blending again, which was good. I decided to just stick to one beginning sound of "f" and changed the second sound... They weren't all real words, but I just wanted him to get the idea of blending again. Doing made up words means he can't guess either, which is good.

Again today he got stuck on "or" and "air" but I've done spot tests throughout the day and he seems to have got them now...

Decided to teach him a couple of tricky words today, his first ones. I chose the and you, not sure if there's meant to be a particular order you teach these, but hay ho... Think he's remembered them though, we'll see when I check again tomorrow.

We also did some sand writing, he did really well with it. He tends to be quite resistant to writing, but had very little hesitation to writing in the salt, so that was great.

And last but not least, we got out the paints and did a lovely turtle painting that I found on someones blog. I'll try and find a link to it and I'll post some pics when I get chance...

No comments:

Post a Comment