Thursday 25 February 2010

The paintings from yesterday :)

As promised, here are the paintings that we did yesterday.

Here's Wiyot's, he decided he wanted a sad turtle... and also wanted it to be a bumble bee, hence the legs that look more like wings :-)



And this one is mine, lol. Wiyots crinkly water effect definitely worked better than mine.

Still haven't found the site where I got the idea from, which is a bummer as there was loads of art projects on there. If and when I find it I'll add a link. Basically we drew the turtles onto water colour paper and then painted with water colours over the top. Trying to make sure it's nice and wet, you then cover it with cling film and scrunch it about to create the pattern. We then left them to dry for about an hour before removing the wrap.

EDIT: Ok... was just perusing the blogosphere and happened across the site where I got the idea from. It was here at Art Projects for Kids and is the Sea Turtle Painting :)


And here's a little picture he drew the other day. Think it was as I was doing the breakfast, I'd given Shoshone some crayons to scribble with and, as kids do, Wiyot decided he wanted to draw too... I grabbed an old letter for him and then he did this really cute pic. I'm sad I didn't get better paper for him now :(

Anyway, it's Daddy, Mommy, Wiyot and Shoshone, in that order.


Daddy thought it was very funny that he was one of the littlest characters, lol.


Wiyot remembered his "or" and "air" today, woo hoo, as well as his tricky words and I've taught him one more "we" that was all for the education today as we were out visiting a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment