Tuesday 6 September 2011

Sept 5th, 6th and other stuff...

Well, I said I was going to try to blog more often, so here goes! 

As I mentioned in my previous post, this is Wiyots first 'official' home ed week. Bit of a slow start so far, but plans for the rest of the week. So far he has read three books to me:

Runny Honey - Tadpoles (for newly independent readers)
The Spell - Set 1 Story 4
Black Hat Bob - Set 1 Story 5

He read them all really well, needing very little help from me. He's also been pointing various things out from around the house and reading them to me; "Not so scary halloween party," on the side of a candy bag on our dinning table and "The Little Black Dress" the name of the book I have been making a dress from.

I think the best thing about all of this for me, is that I haven't asked him to do any of it. He just goes to the books on the sideboard, chooses one and asks if he can read me a story. :D

I still need to work on our living space so that there are more educational things that can be 'stumbled upon!' It's definitely getting there though. We have made a few purchases recently which have been greatly received. Firstly our blackboard from Ikea, which I posted about before, a table and chair set from Toys r us and various new art materials, including some twistable wax crayons that I had been after for a while! 

Because I don't have much else to share as yet, I thought I'd share some of the stuff we've been up to over the summer holidays!

Heres one of Wiyots blackboard doodles that I liked:


Spyro the Dragon
Something I've had for a while, but recently decided to get out an extra set of magnetic letters:

I MIS MIKE MAWS - I miss Mickey Mouse
He loves to write little messages to me on the fridge while I am doing the washing :) He uses phonetic spellings, something I only recently read about, since allowing him to spell this way, he has become much more open to reading and writing!

A mask colouring book from Nanny Sue:

The Good Knight
wiyot has never shown much patience in colouring, but these masks have really turned things round. For the first time he has made an effort to colour inside the lines, fill in all the space... and use a colour other than red! lol
Shone hasn't grasped colouring in yet. But how cute is she!
The blackboard, masks and letters have bought so much confidence, Wiyot went on a drawing spree and named the characters as he stuck them on the fridge: (hope you can make them out!)

SONIK D HEJHOG - Sonic the Hedgehog

SPIDUMAN - Spiderman

MIKE MAWS - Mickey Mouse

No room on the fridge for Zurg!
Shoshone doing a bit of colouring

She holds her crayons really well!
Inspired by mommy's new hair, Wiyot got out his Incredibles suit and colouring book:

More colouring.

Very proud of his FIRST completed picture.

So proud, vastly improved from previous attempts!
Well that's all for now, I'll be posting again soon!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment