Wednesday 7 September 2011

Sept 7th

First of all, sorry for the unimaginative title... But at least it gets to the point! Hopefully I'll get a bit more creative as time goes on!

Today was Wiyots first(ish) Brazilian Soccer class... He did go to two in July, but this was the first one  proper one set up for our local home ed community. A big thank you to the mom(s) who took the time to set it up! Wiyot seemed to really enjoy it, as did most of the other kids, saying straight away that he wanted to come again. I'm not exactly sure how he got on, the weather wasn't great today so the session was held inside. This meant it was hard to really watch, but from what I could see he was doing ok and for the most part listening to the coach... Wiyot has a tendency to do what he wants, rather than what someone else wants him to do!

After Wiyots class there was a second class for the older kids. Some of the families have children in both groups, so we decided to stay at the centre, playing and reading with the other children in his group and also the older ones when they had finished.

While playing outside Wiyot picked a flower for me, later when we got home he drew a picture of it:

His flower has a smiley face, around it he wrote, "doo yoo lik flowus" - do you like flowers :)

I forgot to add these on yesterdays post, so thought I'd add them here:

I'm sure you can work this one out!
He drew this for me last Friday evening, a picture of Wiyot and me with "I Luv yoo mum" - I love you mum underneath. I was so impressed as it was the very first time he had written anything independently. I was doing the washing up when he announced he was going to draw me a picture. Lets just say I was blown away when he came back with this! Even gave himself black hair and me brown :)
A couple of weeks ago while shopping at Tesco, Wiyot spotted a General Grievous Lightsaber. Immediately it became item number 1 on his ever expanding Christmas list! After telling him that he needed to write a letter to Santa he got out his paper and crayons and wrote, "I wont a jen..." repeatedly before giving up and asking for help.
I realise now (with the benefit of Google)  I spelt Grievous wrong... 
He copied my sentence and then added some monkey stamps and sound effects, I hope you can make them out! They include zooOOOM, Owch and voom, I think he got them from reading the Star Wars: The Clone Wars graphic novels from the library.

He's looking forward to doing the real letter to Santa now, I told him he could decorate it with Christmas stamps and draw pictures of the toys he wants :D

Today he also read In the bath - Book 3E again no problems. He is even beginning to add emotion to the words while he is reading... Does that make sense? What I mean is, he is sounding less like a robot! lol

Well that's all for today! xx

1 comment:

  1. Its wonderful watching their reading and writing develope:) And getting all those amazing love notes is pretty cool too:)

    ReplyDelete