Tuesday 20 September 2011

Wowza!

I think I said on one of my recent posts that Wiyot has suddenly exploded with activity. So as before I felt the easiest option would be to photograph some of my favourite bits to share with you. Yesterday he wrote some lovely messages on our scrabble board, unfortunately I wasn't really having a good day and forgot to capture them on camera to share with you. :( Thankfully I've generally been more on the ball!
Sonic & Minnie, plus Daddy & Mommy asleep underneath.
Daddy has one eye open! lol
Mommy & Sonic, complete with his green eyes and red shoes.
The detail is increasing in his drawings :)

If you look at these you can see that his writing technique has already improved. Again he did all of these without any input from me, the letters are becoming clearer, generally facing in the right direction and also the spelling is getting slightly better. It's amazing to witness him literally teaching himself! :')



For those of you who aren't fluent in Wiyot-ese the last one says "and I Luv eevu" - and I love Eva (his aunty)

A message for Daddy:
I no les pla fitng aftu dinu
I know lets play fighting after dinner.
On the above message he attempted to correct a mistake by scribbling it out and putting a cross under it! Not sure where he's got that from?

A couple of cute little drawings:


The first pic is Wall.E and Eve (with her arm gun out) and the second is Darth Vader. I love the detail of Darth's mask :)

On September 9th Wiyot found an activity book in our bedroom. One of the ones you get at restaurants to entertain the kids... Well straight away he got out his crayons and completed all the exercises in the book. Seeing how much he enjoyed it, we tried to find him some more to do. Unfortunately the shops seem to have a fairly poor sellection these days... or we're looking in the wrong place? We did however find this fantastic book in WHSmiths. Here's some of the pages that he completed on September 10th:

All of the colouring pages are colour by numbers. Not great for creativity, but it is refreshing to see the lovely colourful pictures... you know not just RED! lol




The dot-to-dots and other activities where what we were really after. Unfortunately there was only these:




There are so many different activities, bellow are two he decided to do:

Drawing the ingredients on the pizza and filling in the missing letters. I was really impressed by the letter one, I didn't think he would do that one... It looked much better before he scribbled over it! Loving the zzZZ's for the "sleepy" person though! lol

As well as all of the above, there are many other things to make and do. The only one we have done so far is the cat mask:

Shone's been watching Cinderella and so Wiyot wanted to
make a 'Lucifer' mask
At this point it had already had a thorough playing with, so the fluffy nose is looking a little shaggy! He calls it his cat beard.

And finally, some little bits from today!

A message for me:

mumeey I am Hgreey soE les go get froot
Mummy I am hungry so lets go get fruit
Followed by:

I'm sure you can work this one out!
A pretty detailed drawing:

Wall.E
He tried to write his name on his belly too,
Wolee
And some construction work:
Building his Thomas Duplo train set
He built the entire set all by himself, including station (above), water tower, windmill, signal box and a tipper thing (I don't know what its called!). Again I forgot to take a picture... :(

I didn't want to leave out our littlest learner! Here's Shone showing me some of her latest works of art and holding them up to be photographed:

She liked the new coloured papers I bought and was matching the crayons to the paper colour! Bless :D

He's also been doing a lot of reading over the past couple of weeks. So much so that he has pretty much read all of the books in the library... at his reading level of course! I think we may have to venture to one of the other libraries to see if they have a different selection!

On September 9th (this day was pretty much the beginning of the learning spurt!) we went to the library to get some new reading books for him. In the car on the way home he said the most wonderful thing:


"Mommy!
When I've finished these books, can we go back to the library
 and get some more?"

:')

Very Happy Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment